Here is a recap of 2017’s accomplishments and a look forward to the many opportunities 2018 holds.
- Completed Artists as Educators: Refining Your Practice training (16 hours) provided by The Kennedy Foundation as part of the SPARK! Arts Missoula initiative
- Launched new more user friendly website thanks to our friends over at Gecko Designs
- Completed 3 successful residencies in MCPS (one at C.S. Porter, two at Washington Middle School) teaching storytelling to middle school students
- Began another residency (that finished earlier this month) at C. S. Porter Middle School teaching storytelling to middle school students
- Acquired The Good Food Store as a major sponsor (Thank you!)
- Sold out The Wilma (768 people) in December — The first major sellout in Tell Us Something history
- Incorporated American Sign Language interpretation into the live event
- Completed an agreement to bring Tell Us Something Radio to MTPR 4x in 2018
- Collaborated with The Moth on a Moth Story Slam event in Missoula
- Collaborated with The Norman Maclean Foundation on a Tell Us Something event
40 storytellers shared their stories in 2017!
If you missed hearing the stories, the podcast has grown to 2,200 subscribers. You could be a subscriber too! It’s easy! Subscribe by searching “Tell Us Something” in your favorite podcasting app.
Our goal is to gain 2 new subscribes each week in 2018. By the end of 2018 we would have 2,326 subscribers. Won’t you help us out and subscribe?
We’re excited to again be participating in Missoula Gives this year and are working out details so that we can provide storytelling workshops to visitors in Montana State Parks via Humanities Montana.
I’ll check in again soon with more details about some of our proudest moments of 2017 as well as a more in-depth look at some of the opportunities 2018 holds.
This is Marc reminding you that Your Story Matters!
Be sure to pitch your story if you think you want to share it at Tell Us Something!